My Blog List

Friday, May 25, 2007

Coffee & Vitamins

Matt and I met at the coffee giant this morning, where I ran into Carl Brizzi, Indianapolis prosecutor and fellow NC alum. We said our quick hello as I ordered my half/half/decaf/regular, and as Matt awaited his latte I went for milk.

Carl's security guard, whom I've met several times, said, "How are you two doing this morning?" I thought, "Hmm, that's odd, " but I said, "We're fine thanks, just having a little pre-work date at the coffee shop." Then I realized he meant me and my belly. Matt walked up and hugged me, and I said, "Oh, I mean that the three of us are all doing fine." Embarrassed, because he hadn't noticed Matt, he replied, "Well, you certainly have that glow about you."

It is very flattering to be given any form of compliment during this time of expansion. My brother said he's always attracted to pregnant women (me excluded), and when Matt tells me I get sexier every day I usually say something sweet, like, "shut up." But I do notice myself glowing - it's those damn horse pill vitamins. Women are so frantic about taking prenatal vitamins. My sister-in-law never took them and the boys are fine. Did they have prenatal vitamins when Thomas Jefferson's mom, Jane Randolph (bit of a Jeffersonian, I am), was pregnant? I doubt it. He turned out ok.

I take them because I want our baby to be smart, healthy and cute. I definitely think vitamins help with cuteness.

No comments: