My Blog List

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Shhhhhhhhh...Sam just fell asleep. Matt said, "Nobody move."

Destiny! Matt and I found out today that our grandfathers did, indeed, play on the same basketball team at IU. They're in a book about the history of Indiana University basketball, and in the photo Matt's grandfather is on the front row and my grandfather is practically standing right behind him. So bloody cool!

We had a wonderful day with the Brooks bunch; our 92-year-old-grandmother; aunts & uncles/parents; 13 grandchildren; 6 great-grandchildren. Grandmother Brooks is smitten with Sam right now, the youngest. A family full of girls, she said, "We needed another boy, honey." We missed Ang & Ev.

Shhhhhhhhh...Sam is semi-crying in his crib; let's see if he'll work through it.

Everyone is excited that Matt and I are getting married, and we're thinking more and more about eloping. I actually hate being the center of attention, unless I'm telling a really good joke or story and all eyes are on me. ; ) Walking down the aisle in a fluffy white dress: not really me.

Sam needs a pacifier; please hold.

He didn't work through it; Matt's holding him. Sam has us right where he wants us, but we're still very thankful.

Tomorrow night our terrific step-mom is watching the boys, and we're hitting Broad Ripple with Jason & Beth - an adult night out...can't wait! J&B are the coolest, and if they weren't family we'd still be best friends.

An Anthropologie store opened in my town; I'm walking on sunshine! I ran into a friend of mine as I was making my expensive Christmas list there yesterday, and he said, "So, what shows have you seen lately?" I replied, "You're kidding, right? I have a nine-week-old." I told him about hanging backstage with the Hip and the Who, and I'm pretty sure that trumped Ted Nugent. I always detested hair bands. Matt will rest on vintage MTV sometimes, and I ask, "Who's that?" "Um, Van Halen?" he'll answer, in disbelief. "Hmm, I was listening to Aztec Camera that year," says I.

Sam is cooing. We heard some gale force "wind" and Matt was quickly on diaper duty. Sleep is at hand for the travelin' little man. He was a super star today.

No comments: