My Blog List

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Eva in Chicago - Thanksgiving


The cutest niece! I took Eva (Eh-vah; don't call her "Ee-vah, or you'll hear about it) and Sam up to visit the big Brooks bunch last night. She was looking at my Day of the Dead figures before we left, and I said, "Ev, those are from Mexico, they're called..." and she said, "Yeah, Day of the Dead. It's a day to respect your ancestors, but in America they've turned it in to a dumb holiday." I stood there nodding. This seven-year-old knows everything, I swear. Ask her about Frida Kahlo, Picasso, Miro...anyone. She knows. She's smart. She was telling my dad and me that she finds her gym teacher "a bit harsh." We cracked up. :) Love, love love her! She made Sam's bottles, held him and fed him. I took care of the burps, hee hee...







No comments: