My Blog List

Friday, June 08, 2007

Sarah White & the Pearls


I’ve discovered a great band, and I don’t say this just because my first love/college boyfriend plays bass in it. They reside in Charlottesville, Virginia, where Jeff went to school ... and will stay for the rest of his life. Sarah White grew up in West Virginia/Virginia, and sounds kind of like a hillbilly Liz Phair. The songs are great, though, with a lot of rhythm, twang and soul.

Jeff was never, ever meant to be a doctor, and I think it’s a good thing. He's a musician, owns his own recording studio. I bought him his first guitar and carried it on plane, train and automobile one of the 4 thousand times I visited him in C-ville. I remember when he first saw me standing at the station drudgingly holding it, he said, “You got me a guitar case?” Jeff was funny.

It wasn’t a Martin, but it was a Takamine and sounded pretty darn good. Still does. :)

http://sarah-white.com/

No comments: