My Blog List

Monday, August 17, 2009

Terrible Twos

I'm supposed to be writing an article right now; I'm supposed to be editing a novella; instead, here I am.

Sam wrote on my computer screen today with a pen. I Googled it immediately, and I got it out with Colgate toothpaste and a baby wipe, so Sam can remain living here. He's really entered the Terrible Two's lately, testing me and finding that last button to push each hour. I have no idea how anyone with children can work from home - it's impossible. Oh, but he's so darn gorgeous (I'm his mom, I can think this all I want); I forgive him easily.

Everyone who meets him thinks that he's three, and he's not even two. He's freakishly tall. Everyone stops to say hello to him, comments on his "pretty" blonde hair or big blues. Friends tell me all the time to get him into modeling. I dunno. I don't want a stuck-up kid, or a kid that worries about his looks all the time, or spends hours in front of a mirror. I want a kid who plays in mud and rides horses, like the kid I've got! Matt especially doesn't want him "modeling" because vanity pushes him over the edge...but maybe we could pay for his college? : )

Eh, I'll think about it. So much going on right now. Angie & Ev are living in Atlanta now (soooooo much cooler than Florida). I'm going down there soon. Matt and I are both so busy we're ready to scream, but we love it at the same time. I cannot believe how much I accomplish in one day. And no more desk jobs! Whoo-hoo! God, I could never be an attorney - I'd blow my brains out. I need freedom and rhythm.

Matt's going surfing in Puerto Rico, and I'm gonna go on my own jaunt. Then, well, big plans for us. More soon on that!

No comments: