My Blog List

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shots and Themed Parties

I called Sam's pediatrician this morning to get his updated medical profile for school, but they refused to send one until I brought him back in for more shots. Our pediatrician is very good, very old school, but she doesn't realize who she's messing with. She wanted to give him 4 shots, and was quite surprised when I said, "No thanks." He got another Dip-Tet, only because I loved the tender way Francis McDormand spoke of it on Raising Arizona. I'll take my sweet time getting him another.

Because he was such a brave boy, I took him to McDonald's, and just like the last time that I treated him to McDonald's (for his last shot, whenever that was), he hated it. Sam is a veggie eater. He prefers broccoli to hotdogs, edamame to chicken nuggets. I'd say about 75% of his diet is true organic (the FDA has changed the requirements for "organic," so don't be fooled), and he's on the 95th percentile for height! And get this: he loves brushing his teeth.

Matt took him to the grocery, and I'm home alone for a bit. Time bandit. Matt's going to whip up something for dinner, and when you ask Sam if he wants to help Daddy cook, he replies, alongside a nod, with: Sea Salt. He sits high on a bar chair next to Matt, close to the oven, and they cook away.

One thing I must mention, because I get so carried away with my devotion to Samuel, is that I have the absolute best husband. I do. Matt makes me laugh even if we're arguing. He's an amazing dad and an amazing person, and he saved his company $10,000,000 last week because he's also brilliant!

And, Matt and I are equally addicted to the Backyardigans. We sing the songs in our heads all day, and Matt will come home from work saying, "Damn the Backyardigans, damn them all." We all sit on the bed together and watch at least one episode a day, for our health.

I'm planning Sam's second birthday party. It will, of course, be hosted by Pablo and Tasha. I've given into my first "theme," damn it all to hell, something I said I'd never do! We're going to have an Elsie, Ella and Elle at the party, just to add more chaos.

But I do make the most amazing treat bags. : )

No comments: