My Blog List

Monday, August 31, 2009

The Adorable Factor

If it were not for my husband's charm and good looks, I might think he was rather an oddball. The Adorable Factor takes him far.

To wit, he will not sleep with any sheet/pillow/blanket/comforter that is not white. White, I tell you. I bought very nice cappuccino-colored sheets, which he hated, and when we were drifting off to sleep, he said, "I can almost feel the brown in these..."

Today I bought an artsy, chocolate duvet, and since he hates most things French (except French wine, which he wisely loves), namely things brown and French, he's going to have an absolute fit when he sees it. (Definitely when he feels it.)

That damn duvet smelled like hell out of its plastic casing. So horrible, that I tossed it in the dryer for 30 minutes with a stack of Bounce. Still smells bad. I sprayed some air freshener in our bedroom to disguise it. The only kind I had: French Vanilla.

He and I had a cook-off yesterday. We spent the entire day in the kitchen, taking turns watching Sam. We had so many leftovers today that I had my dad over for lunch to help eat them.

Birthday month starts tomorrow! September is so gorgeous.

No comments: