My Blog List

Friday, August 17, 2007

At Last, Babylon

I’ve spent a good part of my morning reading my good friend Dave’s blog as he travels through Europe, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia. Most of my friends are quite well traveled, but I think Dave wins.

Considering my current position in life –ridiculously pregnant and quite bored with it all—I’m a bit jealous. This is not to say I’m not happy, because I’m giddy, blessed and loved, but I must create a lever/fulcrum each morning with my arms just to lift myself out of bed. In a nutshell, it truly sucks.

I had yet another ultrasound yesterday, and I have to tout that Matt and I seem to have created a little cutie. It’s amazing how clear the images are; the baby was looking right at me, and then posed with its hand under its wee chin. It looks so bored. We want it out so we can play.

My sister gave us a baby-jogger, and the thought of being out running in 3-4 weeks makes me ecstatic. I’m not worried about getting my shape back as I’ve gained every ounce in my belly (I really should have entered it in the State Fair).

The excitement of my week was finding out that Charlie Trotter now makes marinades: http://www.charlietrotters.com/

Alas, pregnancy.

No comments: