My Blog List

Friday, August 31, 2007

And I Feel Good

It's 10 pm. Matt is watering my to-mahto plant and I am trying to breathe. Baby weighs 7 lbs 4 oz. I'm finished working for now and hoping next week is gorgeous and cool (although I've heard hot and humid, damned Indiana weather). I plan to lunch and nap a lot.

Friends of Matt's gave us a DVD called Dunstan Baby Language. I've been through it once, and I can't wait for Matt to watch: 30 minutes of crying (some screaming, all Australian) infants. I'm learning their language so that we can take appropriate action with ours, though I'm certain our baby will not cry. Neh = I'm hungry; Owh = I'm sleepy; Eh = Please burp me, and so on. Our lives are changing rapidly and Matt has learned to change a diaper. I laugh.

Matt said that if the baby is in fact a male, it's going to be a mama's boy...because it doesn't want to come out! Soon now, so soon.

I was up writing my story from 4-6 am today. I'm living on tosses and turns. A new dawn, a new day, a new life for me...

No comments: