My Blog List

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Stolen


I’m a sentimental little thing. Two years ago today I was sitting amidst a group of attorneys at a bar (I’m also a creature of habit), pretty much bored out of my mind. Yeeeawn. It was the going-away party for the guy I was dating, who was moving to the Big Apple. He was like a giant cupcake iced with caffeine and bourbon: yummy, but bad for me.

Matt had been invited to the party too, and walked in late (also a creature of habit). My heart jumped the first moment I laid eyes on him. He and my “boyfriend” were co-workers. Oops. For the first half hour I was too afraid to make eye contact with him, and for the last hour we couldn’t take our eyes off of each other. He slipped me his business card on his way out.

I e-mailed him the following Monday morning and he wrote back: “I’m glad you wrote!” We met for lunch soon after that (Valentine’s Day, to be exact), and within months he stole me away completely. Swwwwwipe! Through the many peaks and few valleys, and even when I've wanted to kill him, it’s been amazing.

We were out last night and a bartender recognized me from my column – always a little fun for the ego. Matt gets a kick out of this phenomenon (the whole 4 times it’s happened), and I love telling people, “This is Love Interest!” Their reaction is usually "Oh."

Immortalized between the pages of INtake – what more could a man want? Ok, a lot more, and maybe I became a bit unidimensional in my subject matter. Worth it! I’m too a romantic little thing…

When people ask how we met, we usually reply with, "Oh, at a work function..."

No comments: