My Blog List

Monday, January 29, 2007

Babel On And On

There’s a sadness in George Bush’s eyes; with the lowest approval rating ever, no laudable plan in sight, and no brain to speak of, it’s gotta be tough getting out of bed in the morning. We watched his State of the Union address last week, and for the folks out there who’re still holding on for dear life thinking that speech (which, of course, he didn’t pen) was anywhere near sorting through “a drawer full of diamonds” (puuulease) … well, your cold day in hell is coming.

Bush, you do understand the term “babel?” We don’t understand you.

I actually feel kind of sorry for him – I never make fun of the mentally handicapped. But I can’t look at him. I spent most of my time watching Nancy Polosi blinking and slyly trying to work a seed out of her tooth with her tongue.

And the gallery of heroes, come on. “Zoom in on that highly decorated fella (Bush’s words, no doubt) … no, not that one … the one with the scar on his face. Make the public see his suffering and how I’ve brought him here to exploit him!”

And the subway hero: cute. Blowing kisses. Did a good thing. 15 minutes pass slowly when you can't survive poverty. Enjoy it.

I didn’t write home about Democrat Jim Webb’s rebuttal speech, either. He would have seemed more comfortable, more believable, wearing a turquoise silk smoking jacket. And I didn’t really care about his father’s picture – I have better pictures of my dad in Vietnam. That was your one chance, dumbass. Give us more!

I’m not on a bandwagon here: I’ve backed Obama for years. As I shake my head, I am hopeful.

No comments: