My Blog List

Monday, November 23, 2009

What's for Lunch

Sam's teacher once told me, "Your child comes to school with the best lunches! All of the teachers like to see what he has." I told her that this was mostly my husband's doing, that he's a gourmand dressed in a lawyer's button-down. But I do feel the pressure now. Sam's never had a "regular" hotdog, not yet. Only organic and uncured (again, mostly Matt's influence). He hates PB&J.

Today, in his lunchbox, I served him roasted pork tenderloin with raspberry confit, glazed carrots, fresh green beans and grapes. I think I may start including a menu just for laughs. ; )

I sent my family a spreadsheet for Thanksgiving (also for laughs) on how the day will "go down", and I've made out my entire schedule at home for my workload. For example, tomorrow at 5:00PM, I begin by brining my bird (oh, I love when alliteration comes together so unexpectedly), and the list goes on from there...

Today, I rest, especially since Sam woke at 5:30. Matt and I are closing in on trying each beaujolais nouveau.

No comments: