My Blog List

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lucky 13

I spent all of yesterday shopping for Thanksgiving, the first official Thanksgiving where I'll be the hostess, and not just the person who brings wine. But I can't take all the credit, as most of the side dishes will be brought by other participants in the family. Thank God.

I bought a turkey at one store, a ham at another, Williams Sonoma for cheese cloth, and even made a trip to Crate & Barrel for more dishes and two more place settings of silverware. We had 10, but need at least 12.

Matt and I have the same silverware he once had, before his ex burglarized his place. When I told him that we now have 12 settings, he reminded me that we have 13 forks: when his ex stole everything, she forgot to check the dishwasher, where one lonely fork remained.

Matt said, "That punctuated our entire relationship." Lucky 13!

I'm a kindred spirit of the girl practicing for Thanksgiving in the Target commercial. I'd love to invite her to our feast and get her opinion.

No comments: