My Blog List

Monday, March 26, 2007

Swim Meet







Matt and I house hunted all weekend. I go for the charming, Old World, dark wood accents and pine floors; Matt wants to be close to restaurants. : ) All we know is we've gotta get out of the 'hood we're living in now. We're going to rent a house in Meridian/Kessler or Butler/Tarkington, both of which Matt calls "Broad Ripple." He said he could live on the corner of Kessler and Meridian and it would still be Broad Ripple, to him.

We did manage a night out to the Jazz Kitchen on Friday, and we "swung" by Jason's State Masters' swim meet held way out in Bumbletucky Avon on Saturday (he won all 4 events he was in, of course. Lane "5" in photo). Jason's friends nicknamed him the appositive "diamond" years ago. Jason was always the champion swimmer; I was the putz-around-the-pool-being-cool lifeguard/diver. If he is the diamond, I am the piece of glass you step on at the beach.
I hadn't watched him swim since his college years. It was so fun watching the next generation, Liam and Finn, screaming "D-A-D!...D-A-D!" as Jason glided through the water. It was just as wonderful having them climb all over Matt and me. Adorable little beasts.



No comments: