My Blog List

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

When Stars Align

I'm a little pissed that I spent two weeks carving out valuable time reading Gone Girl, which I shall now rename Damn, girl! I guessed the ending. Well, I narrowed it down to three endings, but somehow I thought Desi's part would be a little more grotesque, as in "Amy gets her just deserts." I had such high hopes for her demise. This could prove to be a disastrous movie, especially if someone like Renee Zellweger gets the part.

But on to happy things...my hubby and I had a great getaway weekend in Chicago. Stayed at a cool place, drank at cool places, ate gourmet food, listened to "the Blues" with college students (who thought we were cool and "No way!!" our ages). I was hungover for 48 hours.

Sunday morning, we walked a terribly cold 4 blocks with a devastating windchill to breakfast. I had one arm holding onto Matt, and one hand covering my chin, which I could no longer feel. We passed at least 4 crazy people running. Bundled they were, looking miserable, I said, "F*#K that." Matt replied, "Idiots. I'm going to eat a stack of pancakes."

And with this, I nuzzled his arm a little closer, knowing he is my perfect mate.

No comments: