My Blog List

Friday, September 03, 2010

The last 4 digits

I just found myself at Lowe's on a Friday night. I was buying wood filler, charcoal, Folex carpet cleaner, and about to have an out-of-body experience. I realized that I know the last 4 digits of our credit card (7143) without looking.

I felt depressed.

I came home and found Matt cleaning the car (the earth's axis tipping simultaneously), and Sam running down to me, yelling, "I wanna ride in there with you!" So I did our favorite thing to freak out our neighbors, besides that thing where we walk around with full wine glasses: I allowed Sam to climb in on my lap, and we did a quick tour around the neighborhood in our cool Volvo stationwagon...with no seatbelts!

The year of living dangerously.

But I found a new street, one we'd never ventured down before, where people were outside with beers in their hands, and they were dressed well! A couple of them smiled and laughed when they saw my blonde bombshell driving the car, and for that brief moment I was filled with hope.

Tomorrow I'm planning a full-on escapade. We're going to walk down that street and talk to people.

No comments: