My Blog List

Monday, October 15, 2007

This Is Our Life

Sam is wonderful, such a great baby. He's held up his head and looked around the room since the first 8 seconds of his life (yes, I'm sure he's advanced). ; ) My mom's in town and today we ate lunch at Bazbeaux, where they told me Sam's stroller was a fire hazzard (come on) and they played very bad 80s music. Madonna; the theme to Top Gun; the Tina Turner theme to some 007 movie; the song that goes "turn around bright eyes..." Dear God. I told Sam to plug his ears.

Matt and I are in full baby swing now and we're getting the nighttime feedings down. Am I going back to work? Eh, probably not. I must decide this week. I have lined up freelance writing with a PR firm, and I'll make a lot more moolah anyway (I never work for money, I work for a cause). I have a lot of decisions to make...immediately. I love my job...been there 5 years now!

Thanks so much to all of our friends and family for their support during these first difficult weeks. The baby is almost a month old! Thanks for the phone calls, tremendous gifts, dinners brought to us, etc. What amazing people in our lives. Matt and I are constantly looking at each other saying, "We're so blessed. This is our life...let's live it!" We love every minute.

Sam is Matt with my social skills (he's a talker!!). Blonde, blue-eyed, alert and very, very long. I can't squeeze him enough!

No comments: