My Blog List

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Baby Blues

I've been singing to my baby the Grateful Dead lyrics to Uncle John's Band: Well the first days are the hardest days... and he seems to understand. I followed it up with sound advice: when you're anywhere past the ninth grade, don't ever send someone song lyrics to describe your emotions. Don't plagiarize; either write your own poem or move on.

These first two weeks have been challenging to say the least, but Matt and I are getting it down now. We're a great team and taking "shifts" is the trick to management. My OBGYN says that new babies drive particularly organized people nuts for the first 6 weeks or so. Well stated.

Our baby, as most C-section babies are, is quite perfect. No cone head or squished parts. He's just so gorgeous, and he loves to cuddle, coo and burp...very much like his daddy. He's a keeper.

Matt's parents are in town this weekend and we're heading to a patch to allow this fellow to choose his first pumpkin.

His social security card arrived yesterday. Funny! Life is sweet.

No comments: