My Blog List

Monday, July 09, 2007

My friend Ken Bethea, guitarist for the Old 97s, just called me...from downtown Indianapolis. He asked if I'm going to the show tonight. Say what? Pregnancy not only makes you fat, but tired and uncool too.

Ken said not to worry about the belly. When he's home in Dallas, he plays Mr. Mom quite often. He said, "Jill, most of my daytime friends are pregnant...I'm used to it."

I have a sore throat, got about 5 hours of sleep, have a banjo lesson tonight, but I'm going to the show; yeah, I'm going, and I'm dragging along my better half too.

Ken and I have been friends for 6 years, ever since my Scottish mate turned me on to the band. We're very much like peas and carrots; our friendship was a natural progression.

If you saw that horrible Jennifer Anniston movie (aren't they all?) about discontinuing a relationship, the Old 97s were in it...I love 'em.

No comments: