My Blog List

Friday, July 20, 2007

The Luckiest

Matt and I are plotting a big adventure for next year. Mexico (we've both already been). Australia, maybe (neither of us, ever). We can spend every life moment together and want more. I mean, who does that?!

My mom was in town last week and I played her my Matt song, "The Luckiest," by Ben Folds. I started bawling, which made her cry. I am the luckiest. With a baby just a few weeks away, and a guy who, just last night, said, "I want us to spend more time together," (even when we're together every night), I know that this is what I waited for all those years.

I was missing New York this week. I love the city and could live there easily...with Matt. The last time I was there I dined with friends at Megu, a posh sushi joint, and Robin Williams came up to our table and shook all of our hands. We didn't bother him, he invited himself (it was a table full of 6 blonde women, which might have had something to do with it). 15 seconds later, Lindsay Lohan waltzed by and the two of them brushed star kisses against each other's face. I sat smiling quietly, taking in the fabricated friendship, and thought, "I want something more than this, something much more real."

When I returned home, I got it. That was two summers ago, and now I'm sitting here wondering what Matt and I will cook for dinner tonight, which music we'll play, what we'll talk about, and how many times he'll say, "I'm the luckiest."

No comments: