My Blog List

Monday, April 30, 2007

R&R Coming Right Up

Oh, what a beautiful morning…

We had a great weekend. Busy. I was up early both days, 6 o’clock on Sunday. It’s my ritual to cook at least one big breakfast over the weekend, and I’ve mastered Matt’s ham and cheese omelette. The more he's around me, the earlier he emerges from the bedroom. I say, “Why waste life in bed?” and he agrees. Plus, we’re preparing ourselves.

Matt worked yesterday then called and asked if I wanted to visit the grounds of the art museum and soak up sun...my favorite spot! He even packed a picnic. Last night we saw Agatha Christie's The Unexpected Guest at IRT. I love introducing him to my haunts.

Matt saved a little mouse in our basement gym yesterday! My hero. He thought about bringing it home for a pet. : )

This will be a very short week then we’re off to vacation in sunny Florida. We’re visiting my sister/niece/mom in Naples for 2 days then staying at a swanky hotel on the bay, no family allowed. I adore swanky hotels; it’s just this thing with me. I love pretending I’m Eloise (the little girl who lived at the Plaza in NYC) for a few days.

Generally, I hate Florida. I hate the prickly vegetation and the high percentage of morons who live there. Hate the mentality. Hate Corvettes. So many gold chain necklaces, so little time. I loved visiting my sister those 11 years she lived on South Beach, but I never wanted to live there. It’s the perfect place for her, being an artist. She painted many hotels and restaurants on the strip in SOBE, and now Napleites pay exorbitant amounts to have murals painted on their children’s bedroom walls. Amazing.

My mom has an alligator living in her lake: I mean, that’s just weird. It’s so hot in the summer that you have “shine face” no matter how much M*A*C powder you pack, and towels never dry without the fluff cycle. Give me California (and give it to me soon!!).

Matt went to Florida once as a kid, but doesn’t remember it. He’ll like Naples and 5th Avenue…me in bikini. : ) He asked, “Can I surf?” I said, “Sure, baby, if you want to get nibbled by a shark.” No surfing! Just the ocean, books and tiny little drink umbrellas. We’re already riding our own wave…it's a long one.

No comments: