My Blog List

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Living the dream

I'm about to wrap-up my final story for the sizable writing project I've been working on - and I'm over a month ahead of schedule!

Poor Sam has spent some pretty boring days around the house, when he's not at preschool, with Mommy typing away on her computer. I'm about to make that all up to him as we're going to spend the entire week next week going to movies, Monkey Joe's, Chuck E. Cheese--whatever he wants!

Matt and I asked him what Daddy does for work. Sam shrugged and said, "He works in a tower." We asked him what Mommy does, and he said, "She's a writer." He's a good man, that Sam.

Even Matt tells Sam to play guitar!

We're heading to California next week for an entire week of sunshine. It's been 87 degrees there all week. I cannot wait. We're going to take a trip up the coast again, and take Sam with us this time. There's so much adventure waiting for us. Sam has definitely had more life experiences than most children his age, and he's absolutely wonderful to hang out with. Whenever I pictured the type of child I might have someday, Sam was definitely in the dream.

Sam slept between us the other night, and Matt said, "Can you imagine how comforting it is to be sandwiched between your parents like this? Sam will never feel as safe as he does right now."

This was also part of my dream. : )

No comments: