My Blog List

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Well, I've Done It Again

Yes, I'm still pregnant and no, I don't want to talk about it.

I disturbed nature again this afternoon. If you all remember, I ran off some baby birds last summer (and, as you also may remember, I wasn't terribly fond of the particular "breed," especially those who still call drunk around Midnight).

Today, I think I slowly killed a caterpillar clinging to my tomato plant.

I'm pretty sure I identified it from photos online: a hawkworm (soon to be a moth that gets inside and eats my sweaters, so what am I really worrying about; and, yes, I have an exorbitant amount of time on my hands right now).

The poor thing had rows of small, white fuzzy things covering it (I won't say the word, but I think they become flies), so to rescue it, I got a twig and gently (this is where plans went awry) massaged them off.

Green "blood" started oozing out; I said, "Sorry!" and ran inside the house.

If I have a prissy little girl who's afraid of bugs, I won't want to talk about that, either.

No comments: