My Blog List

Tuesday, December 05, 2006


The Christmas spirit has hit. We’ve already watched the Grinch, Charlie Brown Christmas, and Matt watched Miracle on 34th Street with me the other night…for the first time ever. I witnessed a festive little tear in his eye when Natalie Wood discovered her new house.

Actually, Matt said, unimpressed, “That’s how it ends?”

Men.

We decorated our tree then lay partially beneath it (a Brooks’ tradition), quietly staring at the lights and listening to Vince Guaraldi.

No eggnog, yuck.

All this cheer is ostensible to realizing we no longer live close to much of anything, that our place is cold most of the time, and that we’re still in Indiana…for now.

Last night, around 9:30, I said, “I either want to take a bath or go to bed – they’re the only warm choices.”

He poured my water.

No comments: